TechTriad 2013 Extreme Nonprofit Makeover
NOMINATIONS ARE OPEN FOR 2013
Until May 30, 2013, TechTriad, Eastridge Technologies and Atlantic Webworks are accepting nominations
for the 2013 Extreme Nonprofit Makeover.
What Your Nonprofit Gets
- A new website that you can edit and update
- A new logo, if needed
- A social media strategy
- Critical technology upgrades (to the extent our grant allows)
- Learning how to edit your new website
- Making your hardware tools work, possible donations of better equipment (if available)
- Streamlining your network, cleaning viruses, spyware and similar
- Recommendations and possible setup for backup of your data
- And lots of new friends!
Please Read the Qualifications First
The Extreme Nonprofit Makeover is available to 501(c)(3) nonprofits whose work impacts the city of Greensboro, North Carolina, with at least 40% of its work.
There are just a few requirements:
- The organization positively impacts residents in the Triad area of North Carolina and has at least a 40% impact in the City of Greensboro and its residents (to qualify for the grant).
- The nonprofit's work is non-religious and no particular religion's tenets are incorporated in the work the group does.
- A written non-discrimination policy must be in place; the nonprofit's work must be open to all who qualify for their services and you don't discriminate based on race, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything similar.
- The purpose of the makeover is to enable the nonprofit to do MORE work to help MORE area residents improve their lives, support their families and become better citizens in our area. We are not building "just a pretty website" or "providing new computers." We want it to enable the group to provide more service locally.
- The group's leadership must WANT our help. The winning group has to work with us to audit their computer network, provide content for the new website and train staff to use social media and software more effectively. It takes work and time.
- A group can be nominated by anyone but the group's Executive Director must be aware of the nomination and WANT the assistance we provide. Groups can also nominate themselves (we encourage that).
- We choose the winner as a team and each of the three participating companies has one vote.
- All that is required is a single nomination form (no extra attachments, recommendations or other supporting documents are required or desired).
- We are committed to our community. Groups that apply should also be committed to making our community better.